Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What's on the iPod? - Doctor Who Forever Autumn

Sorry I haven't checked in for a while guys. Didn't have a new flash idea and kind of wanted to keep the flash at the top of the blog for October. I will get a jump on next year, and I hope we can do the round-robin again. That's a great idea Charles had.

I have been busy mostly working on things for school or watching too much political coverage.

School has devoured a lot of my time. I also finished a graphic novel script in and around writing a portion of a prose novel for school.

It's good to be blogging. I've just popped a Doctor Who novelization to the top of my playlist for Halloween time. It's called Forever Autumn, written by Mark Morris and read by Will Thorp who sounds a lot liked David Tennant.

The scares will all wind up being scientific, but the Doctor can often edge into the horror realm.

It's about two hours, so it's perfect to get me through to the 31st. The synopsis reads:

It is almost Halloween in the sleepy New England town of Blackwood Falls. Autumn leaves litter lawns and sidewalks, paper skeletons hang in windows, and carved pumpkins leer from stoops and front porches.

The Doctor and Martha soon discover that something long-dormant has awoken in the town, and this will be no ordinary Halloween. What is the secret of the ancient chestnut tree and the mysterious book discovered tangled in its roots? What rises from the local churchyard in the dead of night, sealing up the lips of the only witness? And why are the harmless trappings of Halloween suddenly taking on a creepy new life of their own?

As nightmarish creatures prowl the streets, the Doctor and Martha must battle to prevent both the townspeople and themselves from a grisly fate...

Sounds like fun!

8 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

Love it when monstrous creatures prowl the streets!

Lana Gramlich said...

That does sound like fun. I haven't watched Dr. Who in ages...

Sidney said...

It's shaping up to be a pretty cool story. The new series is great, Lana, really worth checking out. If you can find an episode called "Blink" it's genuinely scary.

Steve Malley said...

I'm so sad to hear Tennant is leaving the series. Of course, I wasn't too happy either when Christopher Eccleston left, but I was happy with the new guy after all.

Way to go on the projects!

Sidney said...

Yeah, he'll be missed, Steve. It did seem like Eccleston left too soon. I'd heard a rumor that Robert Carlyle might take over the role eventually but that was a good while back, not sure what will happen but I'm betting the Who TV movies coming up will be good. Doesn't the Who mythology say that a Time Lord can only be regenerated something like 12 times? The next one will be 11, right?

Shauna Roberts said...

Tennant was my favorite Doctor. I understand he will appear in the Christmas special and the other three specials this TV year.

Miladysa said...

Sounds brilliant.

He is leaving -- the current Doctor and we shall have a new one! Who will it be?

deerfieldparksouth said...

It can't truly have effect, I consider like this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...