Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Six Unremarkable Quirks Meme

Shauna Roberts at For the Love of Words tagged me for the "Six Unremarkable Quirks" meme. These are da rules:

  • Link the person who tagged you. (See above)
  • Mention the rules in your blog. (These are they)
  • Tell about six unspectacular quirks of yours. (See below)
  • Tag six bloggers by linking them. (They shall be "it")
  • Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger's blogs letting them know they've been tagged. (OK, that will take a little time.)
And here we go:

  1. I drink tea at work, and--as with most things with which I am obsessed--I do not limit myself to one type of tea. If you checked my office right now you would find boxes of about five varieties, more if you take into account that one of those boxes is a sampler with multiple flavors. I do not have any compulsive approach to the drinking of the tea. I select the flavor for the cup of the moment at random.
  2. I tend to keep TV on in the room even when I'm reading, though with the volume turned down. This frequently frustrates Christine who does not understand my need for a constant input stream while waking. Usually I am tuned to CNN, and I am frustrated when they cut over to talk shows. I wish there were a "Situation Room" at night, however relevant news is not a requirement for my input. Shopping channels with live programming will suffice and I sometimes flip over to QVC or HSN for a while, but I never order anything.
  3. When I become engrossed in something at work it's easy for my co-workers to sneak into my office and startle me. They love to do that.
  4. I rub my brow when I'm thinking but before I speak. I'm told it's usually a sign that I'm about to make a pronouncement of some kind.
  5. I like to grow heirloom tomatoes. Traditional varieties from a gardening standpoint bore me. Some day, though not this year, I hope to grow one of the varieties that stays green.
  6. I have a small figure called a Mum-Ra--a robed mummy with a scary looking staff--that sits atop my computer where I write. I don't ascribe it any value or magic, but I always try to have it there.
Now, the "It" bloggers are:

If you read your name here before I get a comment posted, well then you've got a head start! Go!

6 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I used to drink a lot of tea but it tends to make my indigestion worse.

Miladysa said...

lol - You got me :-D


I could not live without tea! Proper tea that is, the kind real British people drink not the kind in films. There is nothing to beat a goood brew :-D

Shauna Roberts said...

I have a tea quirk too. I've got probably 25 or 30 boxes of black, green, white, and herbal teas, and at the grocery story I'm always fighting the urge to buy yet another flavor. The weird part is, I usually don't drink tea outside the winter, and rarely more than one cup a day (for stomach reasons, like Charles).

I'm trying one heirloom variety this year and if successful, will expand next year to more. Few things are better than a tomato fresh out of the garden.

Sphinx Ink said...

Interesting list!

The only quirk I share with you is the ability to become so focused on something I'm concentrating on that I can tune out everything else, and can be startled when someone interrupts me. Alas, I seem to be losing that ability to focus/concentrate as I age. I do hope it's a temporary aberration and that I'll recover that focus-ability. I'm finding it damn hard to get anything done nowadays--can't get "in the zone."

Lana Gramlich said...

Gads...I remember Mum-ra. Wasn't he the bad guy on the Thundercats? *LOL* Interesting 6, btw!

Leon said...

Well, Sidney, I have finally posted my quirks (or at least the first 6 that came to mind), tagged 6 others, and read the first response from one of them! Have a good weekend! :~D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...