Wednesday, November 28, 2007

A Great Gift For Writers

I ran across this great sweatshirt in the new Christmas Signals catalog, a great source for highbrow gifts in general. This new offering reads: "Careful, or you'll end up in my novel."

That's certainly a sentiment most writers can identify with when they hit that level of pissed off that exceeds the normal level of aggravation.

Who hasn't wanted to place an arrogant public servant or snide relative into a chapter for catharsis?

Consider it for the writer in your life and the friends who might want to avoid portrayal on the printed page.

9 comments:

Erik Donald France said...

Hilarious. Even better than the Duke Lawyer's guild shirts -- "Sue You Later!"

Charles Gramlich said...

I actually tend to kill off my friends rather than my enemies in books. You know that you died rather nastily in "Cold in the Light" eh?

Sidney said...

Dead, I well may be, Charles. I was a cop once in a comic book. It was kind of cool to see myself kicking down doors.

I had not hear that one, Erik. Good line.

Lana Gramlich said...

*LOL* That's a good one! Looking up gifts for librarians one day I came across a couple of good shirts;
"I'm a librarian...Don't make me shush your ass!"
"Read banned books or the Constitution gets it!"
"A truly great library contains something in it to offend everyone."

Sidney said...

I like the "don't make me shush your ass" one.

Shauna Roberts said...

That's a great sweatshirt.

I have one writer's tee-shirt. It says something along the lines of "Everyone has a book in them. I just fed mine a box of chocolates." (Which is pretty close to the truth in my case. I wish I would eat apples while writing as Agatha Christie did.)

Sidney said...

That's a good one too, Shauna.

Charles Gramlich said...

Yep, on pages 82-84 of Cold in the Light a fellow named Sid August and his bud John Cole run into the Warkind. The results are not pleasant.

Clifford said...

Funny. I just ordered a couple shirt's from Zazzle that one of my Nanowrimo groups put together that says: "This is so going in my novel". It's available in a scary number of colors and styles as it's one of those print-on-demand businesses.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...